servFaces Aero Coating technology is suitable for many types of aircraft surfaces. The transparent and highly resistant surface coating from the servFaces product range is a diverse and unique quality product. Aero Coatings provides optimum protection for a wide range of surfaces.
Multi-Talent for Surface Optimisation
The highly transparent coating forms a long acting, scratch and dirt resistant and easy-to-clean protective layer with the minimum amount of product. The product, once in its final cured state, is resistant against acids, salt water, weathering, resins and mechanical stress. Aero Coatings are strong, hard and extremely heat-resistant up to +1090°C. Thus, the fire properties of the treated surface are not affected.
Our goal is the development of high quality products that leave a positive long lasting impression, user friendly and safe to use and reduced impact on the environment.
- Transparent, non-visible, flexible and permanent long lasting coating
- Free of Siloxane, fluorine, Teflon, wax, silicone & carcinogenic additives
- Resistant to UV-radiation
- Anti-Graffiti effect and protection against almost all acids and bases, as well as organic solvents
- Temperature resistant from -50°C to +1090°C maximum
- Resistant against chemicals
- Resistant to weathering
- Non-flammable / Non-corrosive
- Resistant to salt water
- Corrosion protection
- Increased scratch and abrasion resistance
- Easy-to-clean surface
Aero Coatings display the following properties with a coating thickness of approximately 3-5 µm; thickness is dependent on the application method.
- Hydrophobicity of clean, bare, polished or painted surfaces. Prior to coating the surface must be free of oil, grease and silicone. Use appropriate cleaning agents such as servFaces Cleaner Ultima & Neutra
- Optimization of surface hardness of the coated surface
- Through the unique formulation of the product (organic / inorganic components) the coating displays ‘Self-Healing’ properties
- The high inorganic content, surfaces can be successfully sealed and resistant to temperatures up to 1050°C
Note: The above is only a brief overview of the products characteristics / properties; consult your servFaces application specialists for more information.
The surface to be treated must be clean and free from oil, grease and silicone contaminants. On smooth surfaces the product can be applied using servFaces applicators and cloths. After a short reaction time of approximately 1 - 2 minutes the excess product can be either removed using a microfiber cloth (Special Coating Towels) or be polished out using a servFaces Premium Soft Towel. Product application using a fine-spray process provides an optimal result; on rough and absorbent surfaces the product can be applied using either rolling or spraying processes. The ambient temperature should be between +5°C to +35°C to achieve optimal results. After 120 minutes the product is dry and non-tacky.
After the complete curing cycle (see below), the coating is resistant to acids, alkalis and solvents (pH value 2-13).
After the coating process, the product requires a minimum of 18 – 24 hours to initially cure in order to protect against dirt and humidity. Complete protection requires a curing time of 6 – 8 days, alternate curing processes can reduce the curing time by 2 – 3 days; consult your servFaces application specialists for more information.
Aero Paint Coating: 250ml / 500ml / 1000ml / 5000ml
This product is suitable for use on all external painted surfaces on aircraft (gliders, sport and civil aircraft). The product is also suitable for natural finish plastic surfaces.
Aero Metal Coating: 250ml / 500ml / 1000ml / 5000ml
This product is suitable for use on all natural finish and untreated metal surfaces on aircraft (gliders, sport and civil aircraft).
Aero Window Coating: 250ml / 500ml / 1000ml / 5000ml
This product is suitable for use on all natural finish and untreated glass, acrylic and polycarbonate surfaces on aircraft (gliders, sport and civil aircraft).
Usage: 3 - 5 ml / m² dependent on material absorption rate
Curing Time: initial protection 18 to 24 hours at +20°C / complete protection approximately 6 – 8 days
Humidity: 30% - 80%
Application Temperature: +10°C to +35°C
Storage and Shelf Life: at least 12 months at room temperature sealed in its original container.
Storage Temperature: +10°C to +25°C
Always protect the product from direct sunlight and frost.
During the curing and hardening process the surface should not be subjected to frictional mechanical stresses.
|Field:||AERO, Boats and Yachts|